Monday, January 25, 2010

Snow Water Ice Labyrinth

Well, the real January thaw arrived today with a vengeance. Early this morning it started to rain and rained and rained and poured for the better part of 8 hours. The winds knocked down power lines and we lost power. The rosette and most of the 3rd quadrant are flooded. In an attempt to save the Labyrinth I used 2 shovels as a guide to re-form the Labrices where possible, stomp down the Labyrs and stomp down the Lunation "Berm". It finally stopped raining at 4:30. I had some help for 15 minutes from Anne, our neighbor to pack the entrance Labrices. All in all, most of the Labyrs are intact, although 1/3 their original size. Some of the Labrices are barely visible and some gone to the flood. After two changes of parkas and gloves which were soaked, I went to take some photos of the flooded Labryinth...The camera is soaked and won't turn on. I may have ruined the camera...We'll see. The Labyrinth is a metaphor for life. The last few days were magnificent with the Labryinth in peak condition and today the rains came and flooded the path. I did what I could to shore up the Labryinth for what probably will be a freeze and then I'll have a skating Labyrinth and more snow. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to you Scott - all those hours of hard work...
    What is God trying to tell you?
    Surrender all my friend, surrender all...

    ReplyDelete